Postponed until 2021 … spaces available … more info coming soon.
[The information below is for the postponed 2020 trip]
Flying Legends Airshow & Royal International Air Tattoo
Join me on a group led tour taking in the ultimate UK airshow experience of a lifetime!
From the WWII heavy metal fighter & bomber favourites to the latest military hardware. We will be visiting the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, the RAF base at Coningsby & Battle Of Britain Memorial Museum, RAF Museum Hendon (London), with a few free days in London and of course experiencing the Flying Legends Airshow in Duxford and the Royal International Air tattoo in Fairford. You won’t want to miss this incredible tour! VERY LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE!
Four nights staying in a traditional old English pub, set in the countryside underneath the flight path to the Duxford Airfield. Quaint comfortable rooms, a garden bar and restaurant and great English hospitality.
The RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) hangar is located within the boundaries of RAF Coningsby and viewing the flight’s historic aircraft at close quarters is available only by guided tour. Volunteer guides, many of whom have first-hand experience of the aircraft, will show you around the hangar. Whilst in the hangar you will be able to observe the RAF BBMF technicians maintaining these iconic aircraft to airworthy condition.
Within the hangar, you will usually see:
- Lancaster PA474. Out of 7,377 Lancasters built, PA474 is one of only two Lancasters remaining in airworthy condition.
- Douglas Dakota ZA947. Came into service in 1942 with the USAAC (United States Army Air Corps) transferring to the RCAF (Royal Canadian Air force) doing tours in Europe until 1971. Came to the RAF BBMF in 1993.
- RAF BBMF’s six Spitfires, two Hurricanes, and two Chipmunks. P7350 is the oldest airworthy Spitfire in the world. An Mk V, an Mk IX, and two Mk XIX spitfires, all with their own unique histories, join her. The two hurricanes are Mk IIc.
Private tours of the hangar last approximately one to one-and-a-half hours.
Experience also the American Air Museum – home to the best collection of American military aircraft on public display outside of North America. The museum tells the story of two nations united through war, loss, love and duty, from the First World War to the present day. From the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, B-25 Mitchells, P-51’s, P-47’s (and MORE!) used during the Second World War to the remotely piloted Predator used in present day conflict, discover more about the United States’ aviation history in the American Air Museum.
One of the oldest and best (if not the best) airshow events on the planet! A “must do/bucket list” airshow you have to see at some stage in your lifetime.
On display are timeless classics of the WWI & WWII eras to post-war and modern day military aircraft – from all theatres of war: Europe, The Middle East, Asia and the Pacific. With record numbers of Merlin and radial engines filling the skies, the static and flying displays and the smell of Avgas will leave you in awe.
Location: Located in London City Centre, this hotel is a few km’s away from Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the London Eye. Victoria Underground Station and London Victoria Rail Station are within a 5-minute walk.
Hotel Features: this hotel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and coffee/tea in a common area. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include 24-hour room service, concierge services, and dry cleaning.
Room Amenities: all 48 rooms offer free WiFi, 24-hour room service, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Minibars, coffee makers, and hair dryers are among the other amenities available to guests.
One of the – if not the best Air Museum around. From WWI fighters like the German Albatross, the RAF Avro, WWII aircraft like the Oxford, Anson, Lancaster, B-17, Autogyro, Beaufighter, Tempest, Henkel 110, Stuka (and hundreds more!) to the post WWII war era ; Argosy, Vulcan, Hawker Hunter, Tornado, F-4 Phantom, Harrier, a range of helicopters and the latest jets like the F-35.
The Royal Air Force Museum London is located on the former Hendon Aerodrome. It includes five buildings and hangars showing the history of aviation and the Royal Air Force. It is part of the Royal Air Force Museum. Three new innovative galleries which explore the first 100 years of the RAF, its roles today and invite visitors to imagine its future contribution and technology. The rest of their site including multi award-winning First World War in the Air Galleries, Historic Hangars and Bomber Command Hall are also open – offering a great day out to all our visitors.
Explore the RAF’s story through our programme of events, lectures and temporary exhibitions. Private tours of the hangar last approximately one to one-and-a-half hours. You could spend days in this amazing museum!
Location: located in the heart of Swindon, Swindon Station is 6 minutes by foot.
Hotel Features: this smoke-free hotel features a bar/lounge, coffee/tea in a common area, and a 24-hour front desk. Free buffet breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided.
Room Amenities: all 95 rooms offer free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and hair dryers. Other amenities available to guests include safes, ironing boards, and desks.
Few events can rival the intensity, drama and spectacle on offer at the Northern hemispheres greatest airshow.
A record crowd of 185,000 people enjoyed a feast of flying at the 2018 Air Tattoo, marking the Royal Air Force’s Centenary at RAF Fairford. In total, 302 aircraft, from 43 air arms representing 30 nations attended the airshow, of which 121 took part in the flying display.
Among the flying display highlights were a number of unique flypasts. A special tribute to the legendary 617 ‘Dambusters’ Squadron saw the iconic Lancaster bomber from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fly in formation with the squadron’s current aircraft, the Tornado, and the RAF’s new state-of-the-art F-35B Lightning II. Another flypast featured nine RAF Typhoons in formation, as part of centenary celebrations.
- Return Economy class flights ex Auckland on Emirates (meals, drinks, movies and baggage incl.).
- Arrival airport private coach transfer from Stanstead to Duxford.
- Four nights twin share accommodation at the Duxford Hotel and daily breakfasts.
- Return private coach transfers from Duxford hotel to RAF Base Coningsby/Battle of Britain Memorial Museum.
- Entry and guided tour of the RAF Coningsby/Battle of Britain Memorial Museum.
- Private coach transfers from RAF Coningsby/Battle of Britain Memorial Museum to Duxford
- Imperial War Museum and guided tour.
- Two days (twice daily) of return hotel to Duxford Airfield private transfers to see the Flying Legends Airshow.
- One-way private coach transfers from Duxford hotel to London.
- Three nights Topham hotel (Belgravia/Victoria Station) accommodation in a standard twin and daily breakfasts.
- Return tube, overland train and car transfers from Victoria Station to the RAF Museum in Hendon.
- Entry and guided tour of the RAF Museum in Hendon.
- One-way private coach transfers from London hotel to Swindon.
- Four nights twin-share accommodation at the Swindon Express Hotel and daily breakfasts.
- Three days (twice daily) return shuttle bus transfers from Swindon to Fairford to the Royal International Air Tattoo.
- One-way private coach transfers from Swindon hotel to Heathrow airport.
Packages start from:
$5,699 per person (based on twin share)
$6,899 per person (based on single)
Airshow Ticket Options
GA Day ticket NZD $63
GA 2 day pass NZD $120
Gold Pass day ticket NZD $167
Gold Pass 2 day ticket NZD $304
Royal International Air tattoo
GA Day ticket NZD $110
Join me on a group-led tour taking in the ultimate UK airshow experience of a lifetime! You won’t want to miss this incredible tour!
VERY LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE!